Publication of articles in scientific journals
Learn how to publish an article in a scientific journal using service of the international EPG (ePublishingGroup) directory. Here we provide details about terms of application and conditions for publication of articles in scientific journals. If you have a question: Where can I find scientific journals?, our world catalogue of scientific journals is the right place.
How to get published in a scientific journal
Articles for publication in scientific journals are sent by the authors through their Personal Account on the website or by e-mail email@example.com. It is preferable to send the article through the Personal Account of the International Catalog of Scientific Journals EPublishingGroup.net, as this speeds up the publishing process and allows you to shorten the publication time. If you are not registered as an author, you must register in the Personal Account section.
Whatever science you decide to devote your life to, you may need to publish papers in scientific journals for a successful academic career. Scientific papers in domestic and international journals allow scientists to share the results of their work with the scientific community, to receive the necessary feedback and criticism, which allows them to advance in their research. How to publish an article in a scientific journal? Let’s consider in more details.
In addition, articles published in a scholarly journal maybe required for every candidate, who applies for PhD or Doctorate. For example, in Russia it is mandatory to publish certain amount of research articles in journals included in the list of the Higher Attestation Commission (HAC or also known as VAK) for everyone who applies for a candidate (local equivivalent of PhD thesis) or doctoral degree.
The publication of research papers in respected academic journals with a high impact factor indicates a high level of a scientist and his or her work. Moreover, published scientific articles in journals with high impact factor proves importance of work, contribute to the world science and influence on the future process of obtaining funding and grants for further research.
Who may need to publish scientific articles?
- Undergraduate and graduate students. Upon admission to master's and postgraduate studies, the research results published by students significantly improve the student's portfolio and favorably distinguish it from others who want to apply for the same program. There is not such thing as scientific journals for students, but many academic journals publish student’s research articles. Don’t expect any particular research article examples for students, because requirements are the same. At the same time some academic journals may publish conference reports and other forms of scientific research. Students need to pay special attention to scientific journals of universities, where they are studying, because such journals most likely could be loyal in terms of requirements for publishing scientific articles.
- Postgraduate students, PhD and Doctoral degree students. Depends of particular country, a list of requrements could be specified. For example, a prerequisite for obtaining a PhD degree in Russia is several publications of research papers in journals included in the list of the Higher Attestation Commission. Your country may have own requirements, but an idea is the same – more you move into academic career direction, more chances that publishing papeers would be requiered for success.
- Professors and lecturers of colleges and universities. In many countries around the world, professors and lecturers of universities and colleges need to demonstrate high level of of scientific citation index. Therefore, they need to publish research articles in scientific journals in order to increase scientific citation index.
- Scientists / Researchers. Published articles in famous scientific journals with high impact factor is the result of scientific research that speaks about the consistency of the scientist and confirm his or her qualifications. Only published data become available to the scientific community. As a result, scientific paper could be verified, confirmed and used in the work of colleagues. So research articles help for recognition by the international scientific community and a scientist proves his/her knowledge by conducting reseacrch. In addition, having publications in reputable academic journals significantly increases importance of scientists in the scientific community. Such research papers speaks of the value, relevance and importance of work in university or research lab. Success in publishing contributes to obtaining additional funding in the form of support from foundations and grants.
What is the list of of scientific journals of VAK (Higher Attestation Commission)
The list of journals of the Higher Attestation Commission (or known as VAK) is recommended scientific journals for the publication of outcome of research of dissertations for candidate/PhD and doctoral degrees. The journals included in the list must fulfill a number of requirements:
- A peer review process;
- Frequency of issues;
- Publicly available issues of a journal;
- An academic journal must be included in the RSCI, Scopus, Web of Science, etc.
The Science Citation Index, proposed by Jorge Hirsch, is a scientometric measure of the value of research. What does Hirsch index mean? It is the h-index that determines the consistency and reputation of a scientist. This indicator could be taken into account when a scientist or a group of scientists are applying for grants and funding for research or moving up the career ladder. How to calculate Hirsch index? Hirsch index is a quantitative characteristic based on the number of publications of a scientist, a group of researchers, research institute, etc., and the number of mentions of these publications.
What is impact factor of a journal?
Journal impact factor is a quantitative assessment of the journal's rating. In simple terms, this is the number of citations of scientific articles published in the journal during the last two years, per year, divided by the number of articles. So this is very simple explanation of journal impact factor calculation. Thus, impact factor is the average number of citations per article. As one may imagine, the higher the impact factor of an academic journal, the greater the competition for the opportunity to publish research papers in this journal. As a result, journals with highest impact factor are the most difficult for publishing, because competition is high and only the best articles are published. However, at the same time, because of strong requirements for publishing papers, scientific community pay attention to articles in this list of journals with good impact factor. As a result, a larger number of colleagues from the scientific community around the world would know results of research work.
How can we help the author in publishing scientific papers?
What advantages we provide for researchers in publishing a scientific article?
So how to publish research paper? We understand that publishing your research can be quite challenging process, especially if you have never done it before. Reasons could be different. It could be the lack of experience when choosing a journal, so you may select wrong journal. The inability to defend one's point of view and research results in the process of communicating with reviewers. It could be difficulties in making corrections according to rules in specific journal, which could be challenging not only for students, but also for professors and well-known researchers.
We provide professional assistance at all stages and accompany your article. Our priority is to make sure your academic article is published in a journal with high impact factor and fastly. We help with the search and selection of a suitable peer-reviewed journal from our list of academic journals, where you can send your paper. We also assist in communicating with the editorial board of the journal and preparing the article for publication according to requirements of this particular journal. In addition, we help to print an article and obtain a publication certificate.
On our website you can receive advice from specialists about the publication timeline and application process in international journals, including scientific journals from Scopus, Web of science and RSCI. We accompany your paper from the beginning to the moment of publication. We answer all questions that arise and solve difficult issues on the way to published article.
In the ePublishingGroup (EPG) directory of academic journals, you can find both international scientific journals that accept articles in English for publication, as well as domestic journals, both print and electronic. All academic journals welcome international authors.